Sunday, August 18, 2013

Some Needed Inspiration

If you haven't noticed, I've gotten into the habit of posting on Tuesdays each week before my departure date. However, today is an exciting day and a good time to post again--we have officially reached the single digits in the countdown to China!!

I've found that leading up to any type of adventure (but especially one as big as the one as I am about to embark on), there are four stages of emotion:
1.Excitment
2. Denial
3. Panic
4. Anxiety
 Right now, I am snuggled right in between #3 and #4... Hopefully this last week as I begin packing (don't you dare judge me) and say my final farewells, I move from panic to just good old fashioned anxious nerves. Hopefully...

To get my mind in the right place, I've decided to pick some of my favorite quotes in regards to travel and life on the road. I chose nine quotes for the remaining nine days leading up to the first day of my newest adventure.

And so without further ado:

9. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
 -Saint Augustine

 8. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”
  -Mark Twain

7. “Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.”
  -Michael Palin

6.  "...To travel is to live.”
-Hans Christian Andersen

5. “See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.”
  -Ray Bradbury

4. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”
    -Jawaharial Nehru

3. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” 
     -Robert Frost

2. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” 
   -Mark Twain (clearly I like him)


And a list of inspirational quotes to get me ready for China would be incomplete without:

1. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
-Lao Tzu


Until Next Time,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment