Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!

So just a quick update:

I am not leaving for China today.

I woke up to a phone call from Delta (add them to the Never Again List along with "China Visa Office"), about two hours before my flight from Buffalo takes off, telling me that it is delayed just enough for me to miss my connecting flight in Detroit to Shanghai. So unless I wanted to catch a connecting flight in Malawi (that's in Africa for those of you who aren't quite sure), I had to push everything off one more day.

So now I am leaving from Buffalo tomorrow, August 28th at about 8 o'clock in the morning and arriving at Pudong Airport in Shanghai on Thursday, August 29th at 2:50 in the afternoon. It's the exact same flight, just a day later. Of course, I'm sure I won't have my seat that I picked out specifically two months ago... at least this isn't costing me any more money.

Originally, I did only have about 40 minutes in Detroit to make my connecting flight (which I've done before, so I wasn't too concerned) but I was a bit nervous about having the time to exchange my money. So if that is the only good thing that came out of this, then at least there was something.

I emailed both the school and my old college roommate so they know, too. Hopefully I'll still have teachers waiting to pick me up at the airport and maybe Miaomiao will still be able to visit with me that first night and take me shopping (you know, to get toilet paper).

I like to think that everything happens for a reason, but I'm starting to suspect that my mother was behind this... maybe she paid off the people at Delta to change my flight so she could have one more day with me.

If we're trying to look on the bright side of things, I don't really have the energy to me sad or nervous now... Like the visa, I just want this leg of the journey to be completed. At this point, getting on that plane will be a triumph.

Until Next Time (and hopefully "Next Time" will be China time),
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment